Migraine Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Acute Confusional Migraine as a result of forceps delivery...?

2 posters

Go down

acute - Acute Confusional Migraine as a result of forceps delivery...? Empty Acute Confusional Migraine as a result of forceps delivery...?

Post by Maureen Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:48 am

Hello,

I am a mother of a boy (12) who suffers from Acute Confusional Migraine. My son was a large baby and had to be delivered by forceps as a result of a failed ventouse. He spent some time in Intensive Care afterwards. As you can imagine, he had a very sore head and screamed on and off for two weeks. He has had an MRI and CT in the last year, (pre-ACM diagnosis ) neither of which apparently show any damage to the brain, but an eye test last year showed he has Pseudopapilloedema which the Consultant Opthalmologist is not concerned about. I am wondering if this is linked to his experience at birth and subsequent ACM.

I am interested to hear from anyone who may have experience of anything I mention above, and I am also very interested to hear from any parents who care for a child with migraine who may have been delivered by forceps,

with best wishes

Maureen
Maureen
Maureen

Back to top Go down

acute - Acute Confusional Migraine as a result of forceps delivery...? Empty Re: Acute Confusional Migraine as a result of forceps delivery...?

Post by Tee Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:17 am

Funny enough I was talking to someone else about this only yestedray and there seems to be a lot of migraine sufferers who had a bad birth experience, I will add a poll, so we can see how many of us did.
Tee
Tee
Admin

https://migrainetalk.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down