Migraine Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chronic Migraine - Does your other half understand?

4 posters

Go down

chronic - Chronic Migraine - Does your other half understand? Empty Chronic Migraine - Does your other half understand?

Post by Tee Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:58 am

I do feel sorry for my husband at times - did he real sign up for all this? - we have 4 young kids and there is many a day when I am in bed and he has to be a single parent.

But he is my rock and has helped me with more care and understanding than I think even he knows. I love you

Tee
Tee
Admin

https://migrainetalk.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

chronic - Chronic Migraine - Does your other half understand? Empty Re: Chronic Migraine - Does your other half understand?

Post by wildone Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:25 am

I agree with you Tee, my wife is so understanding, especially if we have gone to bed and I feel one coming on, the pain in the head is so bad I usually get up trying not to disturb her, I usually go through to the lounge and take my pills and sit there quietly, she then comes through (we live in a bungalow), then after the stars have subsided go back to bed, but if I'm really bad she often goes into the spare bed, as I'm forever raising and lowering the back part of the bed (electric bed) or putting the massage unit on to soothe me to sleep.

She puts up a lot with my moods and would be lost without her, and I know I'm a pain a lot of time.

wildone

Back to top Go down

chronic - Chronic Migraine - Does your other half understand? Empty Re: Chronic Migraine - Does your other half understand?

Post by whitzendJane Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:04 am

I know what you both mean..I was endlessly waking Brian up with my pacing around durning night attacks. Sleep brings mine on a lot.

Brian knows I m dreadful in the mornings as I always wake with a thick head and in a bad mood. Before migs I as a real morning person, very cheerful too. So he gets the kids breakfast and ready for school the goes off to work. I drag my weary self to the school and back like zombie.

He once described my moods as 'mercurial' and I cannot disagree..poor chap ..maybe I should buy him a tin hat.
I just says..you can't help it.

I have no idea how he puts up with me somedays to be honest. Bless him I am unrecognisable from the person he met.

Jane
xxx

whitzendJane
whitzendJane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarlett Fri May 06, 2011 9:40 am

Once I started having the orgasm induced migraines, that put an end to my last relationship (9 years ago). I could not blame the guy - he was a widower who had been in a sexless marriage for the last 4 or 5 years before she died. Since then I have not pursued anything with anyone else. I doubt anyone would really be interested given that caveat Sad
At least back then I had most good days than bad - now it is daily migraines. At least my cat loves me Very Happy

Scarlett sunny
Scarlett
Scarlett

Back to top Go down

Post by Tee Fri May 06, 2011 9:51 am

Oh sweetie........ HUGS

I can not imagine going through this on my own - so my heart goes out to you. Must say though I do not have the same type, intimate activity is a bit hit and miss - either my head feels great or is banging - never quite worked it out. But hey who knows - one day you will get better management of these and you could find your doing the bedroom dance again Wink

Smile for the cat - I have a very old black one...

Tee
Tee
Tee
Admin

https://migrainetalk.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down