Migraine Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scarlett (Hemiplegic Migraines & Migraine with Aura)

5 posters

Go down

aura - Scarlett (Hemiplegic Migraines & Migraine with Aura) Empty Scarlett (Hemiplegic Migraines & Migraine with Aura)

Post by Scarlett Fri May 06, 2011 8:48 am

Greetings all,

I'm Scarlett (as in Scarlett O'Hara from "Gone with the Wind"),

I live in Atlanta, Georgia, USA (yes that is where "Gone with the Wind" was set). I have 3 separate types of migraines: migraine with Aura, hemplegic migraine, orgasm induced migraine. I suffer from daily migraines (migraine with aura) and have hemiplegic migraines 2 - 4 times per month. I had a stroke in 2009 after which I had to stop working. The docs did find that I had a PFO and it was closed in September 2009; I hoped it would help with the migraines, but that did not end up being the case. My HMs tend to leave residual weakness on my left side and sometimes I go for weeks with electric shocks into my hands, fingers, calves, and feet. I walk with a cane most of the time. My eyes have become so sensitive to light that I wear dark glasses indoors and outdoors.

I am now considered to be disabled. I no longer drive. I am hoping that on this forum I can learn some new ways to deal with the migraines so that I might have a life again.

Thanks,

Scarlett
sunny
Scarlett
Scarlett

Back to top Go down

aura - Scarlett (Hemiplegic Migraines & Migraine with Aura) Empty Re: Scarlett (Hemiplegic Migraines & Migraine with Aura)

Post by whitzendJane Fri May 06, 2011 8:52 am

Hi Scarlett nice to see you on here and posting . May I say a great big warm welcome to you.

Sorry you are having a tough time but I know the growing number of members on the forum will be very supportive to you.
Tracey started this forum to enable us all to swap stories and gain knowledge about treatments and was of coping with our illness.

I am sure the others will be along to welcome you soon, if you have any questions please just ask.

Kind regards
Jane
whitzendJane
whitzendJane
Admin

Back to top Go down

aura - Scarlett (Hemiplegic Migraines & Migraine with Aura) Empty Re: Scarlett (Hemiplegic Migraines & Migraine with Aura)

Post by Alba-Neuk Fri May 06, 2011 8:58 am

Hi Scarlett, nice to meet you, sorry to read of your tough times. I know this forum will help alot, it has me in the short time i have been here. I am slowly becoming more educated on HM and i have this forum and great ppl to thank for that.

best wishes Karen
Alba-Neuk
Alba-Neuk

Back to top Go down

Post by Tee Fri May 06, 2011 9:10 am

Hi Scarlett (Just love the name Wink )

I am so sorry to hear your story, which sadly is becoming very common on here Sad

Quite a few of us seem to have had TIAs or strokes, which have kicked off the HM or made it a lot worse - was is the case for you?

Do you get the banging headache with the migraines or just the bad aura and a mild head pain?

I am also soooooooo sorry to read about the PFO, i know when I was tested for it I was soooo willing them to find one, as I too hoped it would cure the migraines - so I am so sorry that did not work for you. But the hole may have been the reason for the stroke, so having it closed is a damn good thing.

What medication are you on?

Sorry I seem to have a hundred and one questions tonight lol

But I am glad you have found us Smile

Tee x

Last edited by Tee on Fri May 06, 2011 9:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Tee
Tee
Admin

https://migrainetalk.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah Fri May 06, 2011 9:36 am

Hi and nice to meet you. Smile I am a huge Gone With the Wind fan, I must confess!!

Sorry to hear things are so bad. You must have been so disappointed with the PFO.

Sarah

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down