Migraine Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Homeopathy

3 posters

Go down

Homeopathy Empty Homeopathy

Post by Sarah Thu May 05, 2011 11:15 pm

Has anyone tried homeopathy at all? Someone I know particularly recommended a homeopath, so I have made an appointment with her for next Thursday. Am very nervous, both of the fact that the appointment will be an hour and a half ( I'm in for a grilling there! Shocked ), and of getting my hopes up too high!

Will report back, of course.

Sarah

Back to top Go down

Homeopathy Empty Re: Homeopathy

Post by whitzendJane Fri May 06, 2011 12:13 am

I know people who swear by it for other ailments but never heard of it being helpful for headache disorders specifically.

I try to keep an open mind and would be very interested in hearing about how you get on. I was speaking to a woman who does something called Kinetic healing..sounded a lot like Reiki (spelling?) and I am looking into it. SHe gave me a very good head massage too and is mobile so I will be seeing her again for that.

I think these things are worth thinking about as anything that relaxes you can only be beneficial.Shame about the cost though.

Good luck
Jane
x

whitzendJane
whitzendJane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah Fri May 06, 2011 2:18 am

Thanks. Smile The lady who recommended this homeopath found her really helpful for her hormones, and my hormones are the route of many of my problems - probably a lot of my migraine issues, plus fibroids and endometriosis - so it seemed worth a go.

I've not heard of Kinetic healing. Sounds worth a look - let us know if you go for it. Smile

As you say though, shame about the cost!!

Sarah

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah Mon May 23, 2011 5:38 am

I just thought I'd update on this. I've been putting off updating, to see if I had more news first, but it's been about 10 days now.

Basically, the appointment was really really long - was supposed to be 1.5 hours, but ended up at over 2 hours! The homeopath said I was a 'complicated case', which made me laugh a bit - I'd expect nothing less!

I have been given two different remedies - one to use when I have a migraine, and one for the other days. Trouble is, it's all come at my worst possible migraine week (my period), so I've been taking the migraine remedy more than the regular one.

I feel like I'm tempting fate by saying this but, apart from Friday, which was one of the most dire migraine days ever, I do think the migraine remedy does help a bit - it seems to ease as the day goes on, rather than getting worse in the way that it often does.

So, I'm kind of hopeful-ish at the moment.

Sarah

Back to top Go down

Post by whitzendJane Mon May 23, 2011 8:27 am

Oh intriguing news.thanks for the post. Hope it continues to help and keep us updated as to how you get along etc
J
xx
whitzendJane
whitzendJane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:17 am

Just to update, I'm taking my homeopathy potion, but finding at the moment that it is making symptoms worsen rather than improve (ie not just migrainey symptoms, but others too). I'm just hoping that this is a better sign than it seems, and that I will turn a corner and get improvements from it!

Sarah

Back to top Go down

Post by Tee Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:31 am

Oh dear I am sorry to hear that - is it suppose to get worse before it gets better?
Tee
Tee
Admin

https://migrainetalk.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:48 am

Well, supposedly to get any sort of response to it is good in the early days, but honestly some days it has been a case of 'I wonder which symptom is going to be worst today'. The worst thing is that my dry eye is ridiculously dry, which triggers my migraines too. AAARGH.

Sarah

Back to top Go down

Post by whitzendJane Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:58 am

Pants...hope it gets better.
whitzendJane
whitzendJane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:55 am

Just to update this, I've now had two whole days where I haven't felt much worse on the remedy than if I hadn't taken it (so, progress only of a sort!)

I had an hour's appointment today, and the homeopath thinks I am on the right remedy, but that I've had quite an extreme sensitive reaction to it, so potency and timings need to be tweaked. As far as I'm concerned, I'm not giving in now, after the nightmare that these last few weeks has been! *adopts grim determination*

Sarah

Back to top Go down

Post by whitzendJane Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:40 am

LMAO..I love you determination...hope you have a better result soon.

Kindest regards

*cheesey grin back at ya**
whitzendJane
whitzendJane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum