Migraine Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Study seeks to identify impact of migraine on patient spouse...please participate!

5 posters

Go down

migraine - Study seeks to identify impact of migraine on patient spouse...please participate! Empty Study seeks to identify impact of migraine on patient spouse...please participate!

Post by kbacher Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:04 am

Hello,
My name is Karen Bacher and I am a PhD student (and chronic migraine patient of more than 25 years) working under the supervision of Dr. Virginia Shipman, Professor, from the Family Studies Program in the College of Education, IFCE Department, at University of New Mexico. We are conducting a study entitled “Migraine headache: A family affair,” and are currently seeking volunteers to participate in this study. The study seeks to explore the impact of migraine headaches on spouses/partners of patients with migraine headaches. We are seeking married or cohabitating heterosexual couples in which the female experiences chronic migraine and the male is migraine free. Participation in this study involves completing an on-line survey. Both patient and partner complete their own version of the on-line survey at their own individual convenience. Interested couples can contact reply here and provide an email address, I will send the eligibility criteria and study link (as a new member, I am not allowed to post an email address or link for seven days according to site rules).

kbacher

Back to top Go down

migraine - Study seeks to identify impact of migraine on patient spouse...please participate! Empty Re: Study seeks to identify impact of migraine on patient spouse...please participate!

Post by pīwakawaka Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:49 am

Why Female migraineurs only? We would have been happy to take part as my migraines do put a huge amount of stress on my wife.
pīwakawaka
pīwakawaka

http://anotherspectrum.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

migraine - Study seeks to identify impact of migraine on patient spouse...please participate! Empty Re: Study seeks to identify impact of migraine on patient spouse...please participate!

Post by Laura Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:58 am

I understand studies of this sort must be specific in order to compare apples to apples. And I commend the research. But if you have time for a second study, I'd like to see a one on how singles (no spouse or partner) manage to get by, or not get by, as may be the case. I'd be happy to participate in that.
Laura
Laura

https://www.facebook.com/laura.elizabeth.phillips?sk=info

Back to top Go down

Post by lauren.fb Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:09 pm

Me and my partner would be interested in participating

Last edited by lauren.fb on Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:19 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Removed email address!)

lauren.fb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:13 pm

Friendly reminder:

Please be careful about putting your email addresses on the forum - it's a public one. Can I suggest you PM kbacher?

Sarah

Back to top Go down

Post by lauren.fb Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:14 pm

Oops sorry complete beginner with forums have no idea how try work! Thank you Smile

lauren.fb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:49 pm

No worries! Give me a shout if you need any help. Smile

Sarah

Back to top Go down

Post by kbacher Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:05 pm

The PM is a great idea...anyone interested in participating in the migraine: family affair study, please do send me a private message through this blog and I will send you the link to the study!!!

kbacher

Back to top Go down

migraine - Study seeks to identify impact of migraine on patient spouse...please participate! Empty Attn lauren fb: here is info to participate

Post by kbacher Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:39 am

Thanks for your interest! I did try to send you a PM but got a message saying I haven't met the site posting quota yet. This site continues to block me from posting a link or email address.... SO>>>You may send a message to me via facebook (karen bacher) and I will send you the link to the survey.

kbacher

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:57 am

Hi, yes, sorry, I had to make that change due to annoying spammers! Sad

If people PM you with your email addresses, that should surely get round any problems though??

Sarah

Back to top Go down

Post by kbacher Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:44 am

If people PM me and send me their email address in that PM then I can send them the link Smile

kbacher

Back to top Go down

Post by pīwakawaka Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:24 pm

Laura wrote:I understand studies of this sort must be specific in order to compare apples to apples.  And I commend the research.  But if you have time for a second study, I'd like to see a one on how singles (no spouse or partner) manage to get by, or not get by, as may be the case.  I'd be happy to participate in that.
Embarassed I guess it's just that whenever I see the word "spouse", I expect it to refer to either member of a partnership. Perhaps if the original poster had titled the post "Study seeks to identify impact of migraine on patient wife", I wouldn't have reacted Smile 
pīwakawaka
pīwakawaka

http://anotherspectrum.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:38 pm

I agree that the title of the study is misleading. Spouse is a gender neutral term, whereas the gender of the participants for this study is quite specific.

I was just putting in a bid for the research results that would help me, commenting that I understand that she can't enlarge the the circle of participants at this time to include my personal interests.Smile 
Laura
Laura

https://www.facebook.com/laura.elizabeth.phillips?sk=info

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down