Migraine Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Facet Joint Injections

2 posters

Go down

Facet Joint Injections Empty Facet Joint Injections

Post by sarlyka Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:46 pm

After a year of trigger point injections, PENS and greater occipital nerve blocks, I was referred to another consultant at the pain clinic to see if it was worth trying a new approach. He asked questions which no one else had ever bothered to ask and concluded that my 'migraines' are probably cervicogenic headaches. This might explain why nothing seems to have worked. Anyway, he is going to do facet joint injections in three areas of my neck. He told me not to be too optimistic and also said that I need to learn to live with my condition as it isn't likely to get better.

I'm due to have the injections in September and was wondering if anyone else has had these.

sarlyka

Back to top Go down

Facet Joint Injections Empty Re: Facet Joint Injections

Post by Laura Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:03 am

I've had nerve blocks in the face and I am about to try Botox. I have not had the facet joint injections. Let us know how it goes.

I'd venture to say that most of us have learned to live with this, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't search for something to help.

Wishing you the best.
Laura
Laura

https://www.facebook.com/laura.elizabeth.phillips?sk=info

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:11 am

Also, I'm not familiar with your history. Do you have any of the other symptoms of migraine besides pain (light/sound/smell sensitivity, gastro-intestinal problems, prodrome symptoms, sensory auras, etc)? If so, are those also a part of cervicogenic headaches?
Laura
Laura

Back to top Go down

Post by sarlyka Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:33 pm

I get light/sound/smell sensitivity, prodrome and sensory auras. My headaches are usually triggered by neck movements, use of neck muscles or pushing/pulling. Activities such as vacuuming, driving and gardening are the worst offenders. (Yes, I know I may sound lucky to have an excuse to avoid housework but no one else does it so the house is horribly dusty and dirty and all I can do is look at it all day every day wishing I could do something about it.)

When the headaches first started, I would vomit every 15 to 30 minutes for up to 12 hours. I went to hospital a number of times due to the pain and dehydration. Now, I take morphine and duloxetine every day and have a variety of medications available for when I get attacks/episodes. Sometimes, Imigran works so I think I may get some migraines but most of the headaches are cervicogenic.

I did a bit of research into cervicogenic headaches and the symptoms are very like migraines - enough for many people to be wrongly diagnosed. The main difference seems to be that the headaches start in the neck rather than the head. I've been telling doctors and consultants this for years but no one listened.

sarlyka

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:42 am

Wow. Thanks for the reply. I did not know that the two shared so many of the same symptoms. I hope these injections are your answer.
Laura
Laura

Back to top Go down

Post by sarlyka Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:28 pm

Thanks.
I'll let you know how I get on.

sarlyka

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content