alice in wonderland

View previous topic View next topic Go down

alice in wonderland

Post by rachelstevens on Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:29 am

does anyone else who gets the alice in wonderland syndrome be headache free at the time of the "im out of it" stage.

rachelstevens

Back to top Go down

Re: alice in wonderland

Post by pīwakawaka on Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:24 pm

I'm not sure if what I get is truly AIWS. I frequently experience objects disappearing from view. It doesn't usually happen to objects I'm looking directly at, but close enough to my centre of vision to notice them shimmering in or out of view.

It sometimes happens when I have a migraine headache, but just as often often it occurs when I have a migraine with little or no pain. I am usually feeling "out of it" at such times. Other distortions I get during these episodes are:
  • no sense of time passing. Time doesn't seem fast or slow - it just doesn't seem to exist. It's very hard to describe.
  • most sounds - especially voices - seem very quiet, but some seem extremely loud
  • depth perception seems to be missing. I can't tell how far away things are. I don't dare drive on such occasions.
  • parts of my body feel distorted (larger, smaller, misshapen), but visually appear normal.
  • even though everything can appear super bright, most colours seem washed out - sort of faded or partially transparent

As I feel sort of distant from myself at such times, some of the sensations such as time, colour and sound perception my be due to poor recollection, but others such as distance perception are observable by others - walking into door frames, missing a handle when attempting to pick up a cup etc.

http://anotherspectrum.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum