Has anyone tried pycnogenol or grape seed extract?

Go down

Has anyone tried pycnogenol or grape seed extract?

Post by Sarah on Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:35 pm

They are apparently very similar, but grape seed extract (note that it's grape seed extract, not grapefruit seed extract, which is totally different), is a lot cheaper, as a by-product of the wine industry etc.

I am currently trying pycnogenol, at a dosage of 30 mg, which is quite a low one.
Sarah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: Has anyone tried pycnogenol or grape seed extract?

Post by Sarah on Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:36 am

I've just realised that I never updated this, and I should have.

Basically, I did find that pycnogenol helped my migraines a bit, as a preventative.

But it didn't really agree with me. Sad It gave me a slight chest pain (muscular I think), which was a bit odd. Also my eyes would get a bit bloodshot. I couldn't find any of this online when scouring side effects etc.

So, I'd cautiously recommend giving it a go!

edit: I forgot to say, the weird thing about it is that it appears to increase nitric oxide levels, and therefore blood flow. However, everything I've ever read says nitric oxide = migraines. I really don't understand it, but I do wish I'd managed to get pycnogenol to work for me without side effects.

I did also try the grape seed extract, but I had the same slightly blood shot eyes with that too, so I worried it was too much of a blood thinner.
Sarah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum