A wee hello...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A wee hello...

Post by wildflower0872 on Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:45 pm

First day on the site. Age 40, with menstrual migraines since high school. Hoping to find some like minded folks who can share their wisdom and support.

Glad to find somewhere that might help me feel less isolated and mis understood!

Best Wishes,
Christine

wildflower0872

Back to top Go down

Re: A wee hello...

Post by lissah on Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:08 am

Hi Wildflower,
Welcome to the site. I have not been here very long either. I do not have menstrual migraines but I have been diagnosed with chronic cluster migraines.

You have come to great place for support. You should never feel isolated because of your migraines. We may isolate our selves seeking relieve from the pain but you are not alone. Here people do understand everything you are going through.

Don't be afraid to share.

God Bless You,
Lissa
lissah

Back to top Go down

Post by wildflower0872 on Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:07 am

I appreciate your kind words lissa - thank you xxx

wildflower0872

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesley anne on Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:11 am

Hi Christine, welcome!!. I am 42 and have had terrible migraines for years, mainly hemplegic migraines, however I have them with or without pain but with auras. I'm just getting over a migraine which took about 6 weeks to dissipate, but, there we go. Gotta try and get on as best we can. Anyway, take care and chat soon.

Lesley anne.

Lesley anne

Back to top Go down

Post by KimbaK on Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:21 pm

Hello. I am also 40 and have migraines since junior high. I take Relpax and othe meds to manage pain. I just had a round of RFTC to help reduce the pain that comes from my neck. I'm still recuperating and waiting for the pain relief to really kick in.

I understand the lack of understanding and frustration that comes with trying to survive the disease itself and all the people who just don't get it.

KimbaK

KimbaK

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura on Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:22 am

I've had migraine since about age 38. It started with peri-menopause. Now I'm 47. I've been chronic for years now. The only thing that has helped so far is a Medrol dose pack (steroids), but I can only use that 3 times a year. My doctor is recommending a peripheral nerve stimulator for the nerves above and below my left eye (where my chronic daily pain always resides). The doctor's staff is trying to get it approved by my insurance. Fingers crossed.

The thing about this problem that makes it so difficult is no one treatment works for everyone - so there is a lot of trial and error to figure out what works for you. And also, the fact that most of the drugs used to treat chronic migraine were not developed for migraine or headache specifically is another difficulty. A whole slew of unfavorable side effects can result. For me the big one with most of the anti-convulsants and blood pressure medications was impaired cognitive ability and drowsiness.

Chrisitine - I hope this forum helps you find what you are looking for.

Laura

Laura

http://www.facebook.com/laura.elizabeth.phillips?sk=info

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum