Migraine Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sod headaches I am going back to uni.

5 posters

Go down

Sod headaches I am going back to uni. Empty Sod headaches I am going back to uni.

Post by Katie Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:11 am

On medical advice I took this year off Uni in an effort to get more control over migraine and ECH. Nice idea shame it never worked.

Now I am waving two fingers at the headaches that want to eat my life and going back to Uni part time. I had hoped to do so fulltime and finish that degree this year; having lost the the end of June, the whole of july and most of August to pain making it an exceptionally good day if I got downstairs; I decided part time might be wiser.

Just need to complete the formal risk assessments to carry oxygen [ECH] and enough drugs to make a police drugs dog think they had hit a lucky find and I can then restart my study.

I should have asked DSA for a sherpa as well as the adaptive tech. I just weighed the combeined mix of oxygen tanks, library books, laptop and sundry drugs and tech bits. Shocked I am sure health and safety would have a moment as its over 25kg. I have asked if I can have a parking space on the college site itself on days I have to carry the lot - hopefully this will be possible this year as they have managed to sort this out for me in the past.

If only employers were as willing to be adaptable around the impact the wretched thing has on me as my Uni College. *sighs* Those wretched nerves that twang from lazer backed sharp cutlery can go hurt in the corner all by themsleves as I intend to use the bits of my mind I can get at. Bad day

Once I have that lot done I will relook at the whole DLA thing via the Neuro-support charity. Amazing how everyone from dr's to work to college think I have a severe disability yet ATOS et al do not and after 30 years of trying to get the blasted thing under control it may just get better all by itself. Suspect
Katie
Katie

Back to top Go down

Sod headaches I am going back to uni. Empty Re: Sod headaches I am going back to uni.

Post by Dr Pav Khaira Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:09 am

Sorry to hear you're having continued problems but WELL DONE on moving forward with your life! We all know how incredibly difficult it can be with chronic headaches and migraines
Dr Pav Khaira
Dr Pav Khaira

http://www.redskydentalspa.com

Back to top Go down

Sod headaches I am going back to uni. Empty Re: Sod headaches I am going back to uni.

Post by Katie Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:42 pm

I can assure you after the last 24 hours I am giving in and calling the headache clinic for yet another emergency appointment so I can continue to have extensions without constantly filling in academic board submissions. (gaark would far rather not need to do this)
Even by my low standards that was a nasty and I its taken me all my effort to sit up in bed this morning and its only the voice recognition software that is allowing me to access online.
I had hoped to do some reading before lectures in two weeks but I think it will have to be PDF's via claro-read. That is like listening to a dyspexic dalek trying to read out the news.
Katie
Katie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:52 pm

Best of luck! I can definitely relate to wanting to not give in to the bloomin' things and fight through. I've definitely done this with work and a course before. I've wimped out in recent years!

Sarah

Back to top Go down

Post by Tee Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:59 am

wow Katie - go girl............ I am sorry to read you are still in pain - but what a step forward xx
Tee
Tee
Admin

https://migrainetalk.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:06 am

Best of luck with your studies and the migraines be damned. Hurrah for you!
Laura
Laura

https://www.facebook.com/laura.elizabeth.phillips?sk=info

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down